1. Weight: 9,500 lbs. P-pump, 10,000 lbs. A-pump: (510 c.i.d. tractors may weigh 9,000 lbs.)
2. Front Hitch - All vehicles must have a front hitch attached to the vehicle that is capable of supporting the weight of the front of the vehicle. It must be the furthest most point on the vehicle and be centrally located. The hitch must have a minimum of a 3 inch diameter hole to allow for the 3 point mounted hitches on the movers to manipulate the competing vehicles. No weights are to be positioned next to the hitch in a way that may restrict the turning radius of the movers once they have picked up the front of the vehicle.
3. Brakes - All tractors must have working rear brakes capable of sliding the rear tires.
4. Drawbar - Must be a minimum of 18 inches behind center of rear axle, a maximum of 20 inches in height, and be ridged in all directions. Hitching eye to be a minimum of 1 inch thick with a 3 inch by 3.5 inch inside diameter hole.
5. Stabilizer Bars - Stabilizer bars are required (no wheels allowed). The stabilizer bars cannot be bolted, welded, etc. to the drawbar in any way. The stabilizer bars must extend a minimum of 32 inches rearward from the center of the rear axle. The skid pad cannot be more than 10 inches off of the ground. The skid pad must be a minimum of 5 inch X 5 inch square. A minimum of 20 inches is allowed between the 2 skid pads. No cross bars are allowed on the stabilizer bars behind the point of hook. In addition to stabilizer bars, the vehicle must have a brace that extends vertically 12 inch from the rear most tip of skid pads. There must be a support brace extending inward to frame, axle or top of stabilizer bar arms. Materials used must be of minimum strength of materials used for stabilizer bars. Design and material must withstand severe impact of sled. Vertical brace should extend rearward a minimum 2 inch from radius of rear tires.
6. Chassis - Maximum of 114 inch wheelbase unless originally produced with a longer wheelbase at which point the wheelbase will remain stock. Maximum length of 13 feet from center of rear axle to forward-most point of vehicle excluding the front hitch.
7. Tires - 20.8-38, 20.8-42 or 18.4-42 Cut tires allowed. Aluminum rims allowed. NWMTPA tractors can run 24.5 x 32. Tractors above 470 c.i.d. up to 510 c.i.d. must run 18.4 x 38 tires.
8. RPM - 3000 RPM maximum below 470 c.i.d. with any 3 inch inlet turbocharger, 3500 RPM maximum with a STOCK Garrett GT42 turbocharger. 3500 R.P.M. maximum with any 3 inch inlet turbocharger and Bosch Model A fuel injection pump. 3500 R.P.M. Indiana Pulling League tractors with 510 c.i.d. with Bosch Model 3000 P pumps, 3" inlet by 3.5" exhaust turbochargers, weighing 9,000 lbs.
Vehicle must have an ISSPRO #019R8906 magnetic pickup attached to the front of the engine to measure engine RPM’s. The lead from the pickup to the rear of the vehicle is to be made of 14-16 gauge wire attached to a 110V, 3 prong female electrical outlet. The 2 wires from the pickup need to be attached to the 2 main spades, not the ground spade, of the electrical outlet. This outlet receptacle needs to be mounted next to the rear mounted air shutoff cable. Wire must be one (1) continuous wire outside the side rails and visible. NO SPLICES.
9. Fuel Pump - Bosch P series pump allowed. 13mm plunger diameter maximum. Only one plunger per cylinder allowed.
10. Engine - OEM stock block, head, intake manifold & exhaust manifold must be used for make and model of vehicle being entered. No aftermarket components allowed.
11. Cubic inch - 470 CID maximum with 13mm 7100 P-pump, 510 CID maximum with Bosch 3000 P-pump, 540 CID with Bosch A-pump.
12. Turbo - 3.0” maximum diameter of intake hole. Map width enhancement grooves allowed. No restriction on exhaust wheel size. STOCK GARRETT GT42 3” by 3” turbocharged tractors are allowed 3500 RPM. Exhaust housing mounting pattern must not be any larger than 2.75” X 3.5”.
13. Fuel - Diesel fuel only. Water injection allowed. NO INTERCOOLERS OF ANY SHAPE OR FORM ARE ALLOWED IN THE AIR INTAKE SYSTEM OF ANY TRACTOR!!!!!!!
14. Neutral Start: VEHICLES MUST NOT START IN GEAR!!!!!!!!!
15. Air Shutoff - Vehicle must have a cable operated engine air intake shutoff device. Device cannot be a “butterfly type” and must be spring loaded. Cable must be located approximately 4 feet above the point of hook and within 6 inches of the center of the vehicle. Device must prevent the engine from building boost. The sled requires a 2 inch ring or equivalent be attached at the end of the cable. Mount cable in clear view. Do not mount below weights.
16. Dump Valve - A 3-way fuel dump valve is required ahead of the injection pump. This valve is to be operated by a cable on the dash.
17. Throttle - Throttle lever must have a spring installed such that if the throttle lever is released, the engine will return to an idle. Throttle must function such that moving the throttle lever forward, increases the engine’s RPM.
18. Clutch - Clutch must be SFI approved. Certification papers required.
19. Clutch Blanket - Tractors must be equipped with a minimum of 17 inch wide, 6 strap SFI 4.2 clutch blanket. Blanket must overlap a minimum of 6 inches.
20. Fire Extinguisher - Vehicle must be equipped with a minimum of a 2.5 lb dry type or a 2 lb Haylon type fire extinguisher that must be located within easy reach of the operator. Fire extinguisher must be fully charged.
21. Shields - All tractors must have a deflection shield on both sides of the engine, and cover the entire engine, either aluminum or steel not less than 0.060 inch thick. There must be a fire wall that separates the operator from the engine compartment with no holes other than those used for controls to pass through. In that instance, each hole is not to have more than one inch clearance around the item passing through the fire wall. .060 inch thick steel or .120 of an inch aluminum must run between the frames and under the harmonic balancer to prevent loss of harmonic balancer from the tractor.
22. Fenders - All tractors must have fenders and must support weight of driver. Top of fender must extend no less than a 6 inches over the top of the tires.
23. Floorboard - All vehicles must be equipped with a floorboard.
24. Personal Safety Equipment - Driver must wear a helmet, snell rating of 85 or higher and neck collar. Driver must wear a fire suit jacket and pants, SFI 3.2A-1 minimum. Driver must wear gloves, SFI 3.3-1 minimum.
25. ROPS must be modified to Maximum height of 8 feet 6 inches. It is optional to have a roll cage with an SFI, 5 point harness.
Exhaust - A smoke tube is required, indoor only. Exhaust must have two 3/8 of an inch bolts, grade 5 minimum, positioned in the exhaust tube 90 degrees to each other and with 1 inch of each other.