12,000 KING of 15 MPH
1. Weight: 12,000 lb
2. 15 MPH
3. 3,000 RPM. Tractor must have an ISSPRO single magnetic pickup attached to the front of the engine to measure engine RPM’s. The lead from the pickup to the rear of the tractor is to be made of 14-16 gauge wire attached to a 110V, 3-prong female electrical outlet. The 2 wires from the pickup need to be attached to the 2 main spades, not the ground spade, of the electrical outlet. This outlet receptacle needs to be mounted next to the rear mounted air shutoff cable. Wire must be one continuous wire that is visible with no splices. If you compete at the Midwest Winter Nationals, this system must be attached and in working order. Any tractor found to be over the allowed RPM limit will be disqualified.
4. No cubic inch limit, NO WATER INJECTION
5. 20.8 X 42, 20.8 X 38 or 18.4 x 42
6. Wide Front end only
7. Air Shut Off required
8. Tractor must have an operator controlled fuel shut-off valve (not the injection pump shut-off).
9. Stabilizer Bars Required
10. Steel Flywheel and scatter blanket required. (Please don’t call and complain!! It’s the Insurance company that requires this!!!!!)
11. Deadman Throttle.
12. Seat belt Required. (Five-point harness and helmet required with a roll cage)
13. Driver must wear long pants, leather work shoes, a fireproof jacket and a full faced helmet.
14. Cross bolts in the exhaust.
15. Crankshaft dampener must be covered in all directions.
16. Stock Wheelbase
17. Fire Extinguisher located in the driver compartment.
18. Motor driven fans must be shrouded.
19. No vertical hitches or clevis's allowed
20. Newer Electronic tractors allowed as long as they meet all other rules
21. All ROLL OVER PROTECTION needs to be cut down to 8.5 feet, to allow for proper clearance between the top of roll bar
and the bottom of the exhaust pipe.
22. Front Hitch - All vehicles must have a front hitch attached to the vehicle that is capable of supporting the weight of the front of the vehicle. It must be the furthest most point on the vehicle and be centrally located. The hitch must have a minimum of a 3 inch diameter hole to allow for the 3 point mounted hitches on the movers to manipulate the competing vehicles. No weights are to be positioned next to the hitch in a way that may restrict the turning radius of the movers once they have picked up the front of the vehicle.
23. Stabilizer Bars - Stabilizer bars are required (no wheels allowed). The stabilizer bars cannot be bolted, welded, etc. to the drawbar in any way. The stabilizer bars must extend a minimum of 32 inches rearward from the center of the rear axle. The skid pad cannot be more than 10 inches off of the ground. The skid pad must be a minimum of 5 inch X 5 inch square. A minimum of 20 inches is allowed between the 2 skid pads. No cross bars are allowed on the stabilizer bars behind the point of hook. In addition to stabilizer bars, the vehicle must have a brace that extends vertically 12 inches from the rear most tip of skid pads. There must be a support brace extending inward to frame, axle or top of stabilizer bar arms. Materials used must be of minimum strength of materials used for stabilizer bars. Design and material must withstand severe impact of sled. Vertical brace should extend rearward a minimum 2 inches from radius of rear tires